Saturday, September 22, 2007


Yesterday evening I didn't do much thinking on our walk--I was so furious at our dog, Buster, that I couldn't think of anything else. I had spent 2+ hours trying to get Matthew to sleep. I finally got him down, he was sleeping for 25 minutes, and that damn dog barked at a bird from INSIDE the house! Of course Matthew woke up, so he didn't sleep longer than 25 minutes at any one time yesterday afternoon. When I told my husband about it he said that I just need to be patient with Buster, that he's just a high-strung dog. Patience-shmatience! Pat doesn't spend HOURS of each day trying to get Matthew to sleep only to be foiled in the end by a dog. Here is a picture of the culprit and Matthew when Matthew was about 5 weeks old (poor little guy was still on oxygen). Here's another picture of our other dog, Boomer, as well.
After I finished the back, I put the Oz vest to the side for a while and started working on my own version of this "Lucy Bag." I like the design of having one short strap and one long, but thought that I could figure out a pattern for it instead of purchasing one. So far I have the bottom and about 1/3 of the sides completed. I'm using bulky-weight yarn and size 11 needles, and I'm thinking that I should have used size 13. Oh well. We'll see how this goes and what I can do (or not do) to make it better next time. Since I'm working in the round it's a great project to work on while watching TV or when I just don't want to (or can't) concentrate too much.
Pat was at a football game in Albuquerque all day, so it was definately a long week for both of us. The Hilltoppers beat Albuquerque High 49-17, so now they're 4-0. GO TOPPERS!













No comments: