Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Can't Stand Picking Up Stitches!

Today I went to my former elementary school (where I went as a student AND taught) for a staff luncheon. It was fun seeing everyone, and it did make me miss teaching, as well as socializing with my colleagues. Of course I brought Matthew, and I was a proud mama showing him off. He was a little crabby, but it was to be expected since we went in the middle of his nap time. I probably won't go back to teaching for a while. It's one of those jobs that ends up being WAY over 40 hours a week. A part time position next year would be ideal, but virtually impossible in the elementary arena (especially since I don't have a special ed license).

I'm making progress on the Harvey Kimono. Tonight I picked up the stitches for the edging, which is something I find very tedious. I always end up ripping it out and starting over! It's very frustrating, but at least it's over for now. Hopefully I'll finish the sweater tomorrow, Friday at the latest.

Tomorrow is farmer's market day here in Los Alamos. I love going and smelling the green chile roasting! Yum! When I went to college in Colorado, even though it's a border state, I missed Northern New Mexico food so much...there's nothing else like it.

No comments: