Sunday, September 9, 2007

My First Post!

After months of reading others blogs, I have decided to create my own. I keep an old-fashioned journal to document events in my son's life, but I need an outlet of my own, and I don't want to fill his baby journal with ramblings about myself (I often wonder what he will think when he looks back and reads it). I also need a place to document the plans I have in life--if they're not documented, they might never be finished. You see, I'm a procrastinator in the greatest sense. I love crafts of all sorts, especially knitting, but I don't have many finished projects. I love the act of creating, and perhaps subconsiously I hate to see a project end. I even have a few baby sweaters that my son is going to outgrow if I don't hurry up and finish them! The projects that I do finish are usually gifts, so I don't have much to show for all of my hard work. I hope that by documenting my projects, as well as other goals, I will feel more inspired to finish them. Perhaps I'll also feel more obligated!

Every morning my son and I go for a 45 minute-1 hour long walk. During this time he sleeps (yay!), and I have time for some reflection and day-dreaming, hence the blog's name. I usually think about the next knitting projects I'd like to do, especially what would make a good gift for the loved ones in my life. Recently I also have been thinking about how I'd like to decorate my house, where I'd like to go on vacation, and (now) what I would like to write in my blog. Countless other random thoughts invade my mind as well.

I am currently working on two sweaters for Matthew. One is from the book, Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss, and the other is from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms by Louisa Harding. I seriously can't remember the name of the sweater pattern in the Debbie Bliss book because it's been such a long time since I knit the pieces! All I have to do is sew the seams, but I ran out of yarn. Since I'm 45 minutes away from the nearest yarn shop, and I have a 3-month old who is not always cooperative in the car (but most of the time he's a good boy), I have been able to make it down to get the yarn. The sweater I'm working on from Natural Knits is the Harvey Kimono. I just need to finish the second sleeve, sew the seams, and knit the edging. I love the Natural Knits book! My next projects are: Oz Vest and Beanie.

I apologize for the lack of pictures. I really need to get a new digital camera!

No comments: