Thursday, January 31, 2008

Crunchy Christians

A couple weeks ago I was scanning the groups on Ravelry when I came across the group, "Crunchy Christian Crafters." Under the heading it read, "Are you too crunchy for your Christian friends and too Christian for your crunchy friends?" or something like that. I was very intrigued. After reading some descriptions and threads in the group, I decided to become a member--being a Crunchy Christian perfectly describes me!

I am a Christian, and my relationship with God is very important to me, as is raising Matthew in a home with Christian values. I know that God entrusted us as humans with the Earth and its resources, and I truly feel that by wasting and devastating the Earth as we have been we are not being good stewards. I do not believe that having "dominion" gives us free reign to do whatever we like. I try my best to live simply, recycle, not waste, etc. I'm also a breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, homemade babyfood making mama!

I did some additional research regarding Crunchy Christians and found an interesting article here as well as a thread from the motheringdotcommune forum.

I deeply value my relationships with others who have different lifestyles and beliefs from me, but it is nice to know that there are some people out there making similar choices...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.