Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Real Beauty

I don't think that I have ever found a vegetable " beautiful." That is, until now. I have never seen Romanesco broccoli before, and when it arrived in our harvest box from Los Poblanos Organics I seriously had no idea what it was. It looks too good to eat! I will be preparing it tomorrow with some shrimp and olive oil--nothing too strong, I want to be able to savor the taste of this beauty!
Yesterday I met a good friend in Santa Fe. We were planning on walking around the plaza, but it was frigid outside with a bitter cold breeze. So, we ended up staying in Borders for an hour and a half time looking at books and drinking coffee. While we were there, i was able to pick up these:I have been really interested in sewing lately--ever since I made those cloth Christmas bags. There is so much I don't know how to do, but I'm very interested in learning. I'll keep you posted on this new fiber adventure!

No comments: