Thursday, October 8, 2009

Colonnade

I finished Colonnade about a week ago, but I was waiting to post pictures until I found the *perfect* button. And I found it on Sunday at the Taos Wool and Yarn Festival in Taos, New Mexico. Coincidentally, the booth was titled, "The Perfect Button." I am very excited about this shawl (and the button)! The minute I saw it up on Knitty I knew I had to make it--and right away! The grey yarn is Swish worsted from Knit Picks, and the blue is actually a merino/silk blend that I picked up at the Taos Wool Festival last year. Both yarns are worsted-weight, so they came out at a smaller gauge than the pattern called for, but I think that they worked out well. I wore my Colonnade to our local farmer's market today, and it kept me warm in the cloudy and misty weather. Ben enjoyed putting his fingers through the lace bit of it while I was carrying him in the Ergo.

(I wish I had better pictures, but by the time my husband gets home from work it is already dark out, and I didn't want to wait until the weekend to take pics).

The perfect button:



My only yarn purchase at the festival--a hand dyed, handspun wool/alpaca/mohair blend in bulky weight. I'm planning on using this for another cozy shawl.

What has been on your needles and hooks lately?

1 comment:

elliebelle said...

I LOVE that shawl!!! It looks fantastic on you. :) Shawls are among the best hand knit items. (in my opinion!)