Wednesday, October 28, 2009

WIP Wednesday II

We've had a couple of cold, wet days this week. I took this picture at about 7:30 am on Monday morning. Matthew was so excited to play in the snow, but I found him outside crying after about ten minutes because his hands were so cold (he refused to wear his mittens). Poor little guy. It was, however, a good lesson about why it's important to wear warm clothing when it's cold out.

Due to the cloudy day, I wasn't able to get good lighting for today's work-in-progress photo. I am proud to say that I've been working on at least one of my Christmas goals: a mini-stocking Advent calendar. Unfortunately, I can't find two of the stockings. Hopefully they'll reappear as we continue unpacking.

Before I had kids I absolutely loved rainy, snowy, cloudy, and/or cold days. I would curl up with a blanket on the sofa, watch movies, knit or crochet, and drink tea or occasionally hot chocolate with peppermint schnapps. Post-kids, however, it's a little more difficult to do any of the above (especially the peppermint schnapps bit!) I'm fine with Matt going out in the cold, even encourage it, but he's not always willing. He'd love to sit on the sofa and watch a movie as well, but there's only so much tv I'm going to let him watch. So, after a major tantrum because I turned off the tv, he finally settled for some play dough. I gave him the "man," he found the clothes pin in the laundry room, and behold: his very own forklift. He was very proud of his creation!

1 comment:

Julia and Aaron said...

How beautiful (!), but snow before Halloween? It's been a really cold fall here too.

I completely agree with you on the rainy/snowy day thing. I used to love them and now they make my life that much harder. I'm a little more relaxed on tv thing during the really cold part of the winter when it hurts to go outside!