Monday, November 19, 2007

Whew!

My pile of FOs for Christmas gifting is growing, which in return makes me much less anxious with the holiday approaching so quickly. I'm actually trying to make a point not to be too stressed out about it. I believe that Christmas isn't (or at least shouldn't be) about stress and presents, and I especially want to savor every moment of Matthew's first Christmas. Since presents are a standard part of the holiday, however, I'm trying to go the handmade route for my relatives and close friends (see "handmade pledge" at right). This way I know that they will receive something unique and hopefully useful. So far I have completed two pairs of fingerless mitts, a pair of felted mittens, an "airy scarf" from Last Minute Knitted Gifts, and I'm half-way done with Pat's sweater. I'm feeling pretty good about all this, but I still have a ways to go: wool scarf, another airy scarf, gaiter, mittens, and a couple of felted bowls. My priorities are a pair of fingerless mitts for my swap pal and a felted bag for a friend's daughter. Whew! I have my work cut out for me!

On the domestic side of things, I spent the morning making ginger cookies--yum! I love baking when it gets cold outside. I also love making soup--we had tuna cheddar tonight. I don't usually like tuna, but I like this soup. Probably all of the cheesy goodness. Football ended Friday night with a loss in the first round of playoffs. I'm sorry that they lost, but I'm not sorry to have my husband back! I'm looking forward to having Pat come home right after work and spend time with me and Matthew. He's a terrific dad, and Matthew's face lights up when he comes through the door.

No comments: