Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm in!

Today I received my invitation to join Ravelry! I've checked it out a little bit, but there's a whole lot more to see. I just need some time to really explore the site and all the tools. It looks like it will be great for organizational, social, and inspirational purposes. I've heard so much about it, and I'm excited to be in!

I've been working on Pat's sweater while I've been working on my KnitPicks order to arrive, and it seems like it's been taking for-ev-er (the sweater, not the order). Pat's a pretty big guy, so I've been doing lots of monotonous ribbing lately. I think that I'll need to take a little break after this sleeve and work on something else. I just hope that I have the willpower to pick it back up again and finish it before Christmas.

Matthew and I took a little drive to Santa Fe this morning to see my grandfather and his wife. They split their time between Santa Fe and Chicago (where Ann lived before she and my grandfather married) and will be here for Thanksgiving. It makes me smile seeing Matthew with his great-grandfather. My grandpa and I have always had a really special relationship, and I'm so thankful that I was able to provide him with a great-grandchild. He was the kind of grandpa who would sing me to sleep at night, create treasure hunts in their house/yard, pull candy out of my ear, and take me on walks in the moonlight with me on his shoulders.

1 comment:

Paula said...

You've inspired me. I'm now on the waiting list to join Ravelry. I'll let you know when I'm finally able to get started.