Thursday, August 21, 2008

I want to be selfish...

...and keep this little sweater for any little girls in my future, but of course, I won't (I also have a funny feeling that I am destined to be the mother of boys--which is great!). I have enjoyed knitting this Jasmine Cardigan that has been on my needles longer than planned. Life can take some unexpected turns, and this small garment has brought me much comfort during the past few weeks that have been quite stressful. Things are quieting down now, and it's time for Jasmine to meet her new owner.I will eventually post the details of this project on Ravelry, but here's the scoop:
Pattern: Jasmine Lace Edge Cardigan from Natural Knits by Louisa Harding

Yarn: Green Mountain Spinnery--Cotton Comfort (pink lilac, but you really can't tell from the picture). This yarn is AWESOME! It is soft, yet didn't break at all, and is supposed to get softer with each washing. I will definitely use it again.

Needles: Sizes 5 & 6 straight

Note: Like most of Louisa Harding's patterns, there is A LOT of seaming. I've noticed on Ravelry that some knitters convert to in-the-round to avoid seaming. Although seaming is not my favorite part of the whole process, I feel like I've come a long way in making a more professional-looking garment. This is thanks to Louisa Harding forcing me to do so! :)

4 comments:

Heidi said...

wow... this is such a beautiful knit, and a glorious color as well!

Paula said...

Your sweater knitting skills are an inspiration. That sweater is truly beautiful.

I saw a sweater pattern today on Knitty called "Hey Teach" -it is cute and made me think of you and all my other teacher/former teacher friends.

Katie said...

Hi Katie! This is a gorgeous sweater! You did a beautiful job with it. Thanks for visiting my blog...how lucky that you live in the NM mountains! My family lived in Albuquerque when I was a baby, but we moved before I could take any memories of NM with me. I know my mom and dad loved to go to the mountains to ski when we were there.

elliebelle said...

That is gorgeous! Your knitting is always so stunning.